Our quality makes history since 1858
The Baratti & Milano company, with its historic Confectionery located in the heart of old Turin, has passed the milestone of 150 years and has recently crossed the line of 160 years.
Like a few other companies, not only has Baratti & Milano been in business all this time, but it has often been the protagonist of the history of the city and has inspired fashions and customs linked to the "sweet". Its founders, Ferdinando Baratti and Edoardo Milano, in 1858 decided to open a confectionery and liquor store in Via Dora Grossa in Turin. They were two enterprising young men, who moved from the Canavese to Turin, in search of fortune. To learn new recipes Edoardo Milano moved for a time also to Paris, after becoming engaged to a virtuous young lady who brought him a substantial dowry and supported him in his work. Together, Ferdinando and Edoardo, succeeded in establishing themselves in a short time in the splendid city of Turin.
Great care is taken in the selection and control of the original raw materials in the growing and harvesting countries: the company has in Ecuador and Ivory Coast / Ghana its collaborators who coordinate farmers' cooperatives involved in the cultivation and harvesting of cocoa. Therefore, the control is done by the company directly in the production areas. Boarding from the ports of Guayaquile in Abijan is also followed by company employees.
There is particular attention, in the factories, to the entire cycle of production processes, to give customers the certainty of safe and high quality products. A selection of products of the best artisan tradition is maintained through continuous training of the staff who operates the production. And a great attention to the supply chain guarantees the best delivery service and point of sale assistance to the distribution.